Guerrera & Sons Electric Generator Maintenance
Whether your generator system is run frequently or only on a minimal basis, without properly performed maintenance it will lose value and reliability. Professional, well planned preventive maintenance can help protect your home or business from costly repairs and make sure your generator system is ready for the next power outage.
Guerrera & Sons Electric is a factory certified provider of generator maintenance and repairs for many brands of generator systems, including Kohler, GE, Briggs and Stratton, and Winco. We have over 20 years of experience in this specialized business. Below you will find descriptions of our available plans from which to choose. We are confident you will find a plan to suit your needs. Call us today for your generator maintenance plan quote!
1. Annual Auto-Schedule Generator Maintenance Program
Annual Auto-Schedule Maintenance is a program where the homeowner authorizes GSE to perform annual maintenance on their standby generator system automatically, each year. This program takes the worry out of remembering when service is due and will save money as well. When maintenance anniversary date approaches, GSE will schedule the maintenance on the first date available on our calendar unless the client has indicated that they want us to do a loaded test of the transfer switch (in which case an appointment will need to be made). An email or telephone message will be sent as a courtesy in advance of the scheduled date, identifying the day that we are scheduling the service. This service program may be cancelled by the system owner in writing or via email, but must be received 30 days by December 1 of the given year. This plan includes the following benefits:
- Automatic scheduling of annual maintenance appointment. This means you no longer have to remember to call us to schedule your appointment. You will receive notice upon scheduling.
- One Full GSE generator maintenance per year
- Additional $5.00 off discount for early credit card payments. (We accept Visa/MasterCard/Discover)
- At the completion of the service, a report covering the condition of the unit, and the services performed will be issued to the system owner via email.
- The agreement may be cancelled at any time as long as notice is received according to the agreement.
Services included in a GSE Generator Maintenance:
- Changing of engine oil
- Replacement of engine oil filter
- Replacement of air filter/pre-air filter
- Replacement of spark plugs
- Testing of system for faults, errors codes.
- Update of controller firmware/software if necessary
- Battery testing, loaded and unloaded conditions
- Test of the battery charging system
- Filling/testing of coolant (liquid-cooled units), clearing radiator area of debris or obstructions
- Inspection and cleaning of air intake and ventilation system (air-cooled units)
- Check/correct level of unit (air cooled units), inspect base condition.
- Check engine RPM, make corrections
- Adjust valves if necessary.
- Inspect throttle linkage, adjust as necessary
- Adjust fuel/air mix as necessary
- Inspect unit for oil leaks
- Check governor operation.
- Check and adjust voltage output of alternator
- Check and adjust frequency/power quality
- Clean unit interior
- Tighten/clean electrical connections.
- Check for fuel leaks
- Field test unit
- Perform transfer test (if customer is home and requests this)
- Reset exercise timer if requested or necessary.
- Report information
2. Semi-annual Auto Schedule Maintenance Program
- Automatic scheduling and performance of 2 maintenance visits per year ( 6 month intervals). GSE will automatically schedule your maintenance (see maintenance services below for what is performed each maintenance visit) visits and provide advanced email or telephone notification.
- Semi-annual Auto-Schedule Maintenance clients will not be charged for one generator troubleshooting service call per year scheduled for normal business hours Monday-Friday 8AM to 5 PM. (customer charges will be limited to the charges for repair parts and labor to install the parts, unless the repair is covered under warranty).
- Additional $10.00 off discount for early full annual payments made by credit card(We accept Visa/MasterCard/Discover credit cards)
- At the completion of the service, a report covering the condition of the unit, and the services performed will be issued via email (if available) to the system owner for each visit.
- The agreement may be cancelled at any time as long as notice is received in writing via either email or letter prior to December 1 of the agreement year.
Services included in a GSE Generator Maintenance:
- Changing of engine oil (first maintenance), second maintenance oil checked and topped off
- Replacement of engine oil filter (first appointment), second appointment filter inspected
- Replacement of air filter/pre-air filter (first appointment), second appointment air filter inspected and cleaned)
- Replacement of spark plugs (first appointment), second appointment plugs are inspected and cleaned)
- Testing of system for faults, errors codes. (both appointments)
- Update of controller firmware/software if necessary (both appointments)
- Battery testing, loaded and unloaded conditions (both appointments)
- Test of the battery charging system (both appointments)
- Filling of coolant (liquid-cooled units), clearing radiator area of debris or obstructions (both appointments)
- Inspection and cleaning of air intake and ventilation system (air-cooled units) (both appointments)
- Check/correct level of unit (air cooled units), inspect base condition. (both appointments)
- Check engine RPM, make corrections (both appointments)
- Adjust valves if necessary. (both appointments)
- Inspect throttle linkage, adjust as necessary (both appointments)
- Adjust fuel/air mix as necessary (both appointments)
- Inspect unit for oil leaks (both appointments)
- Check governor operation. (both appointments)
- Check and adjust voltage output of alternator (both appointments)
- Check and adjust frequency/power quality (both appointments)
- Clean unit interior (both appointments)
- Tighten/clean electrical connections. (both appointments)
- Check for fuel leaks (both appointments)
- Field test unit (both appointments)
- Perform transfer test (this will be done both appointments, if customer is home and requests this)
- Reset exercise timer if requested or necessary. (both appointments)
- Generator maintenance report (both appointments)
3. Call to Schedule Maintenance Program
- The Call to Schedule Program applies to all generators that are not on the Auto-Schedule Program.
- As in the past, GSE will attempt to contact the system owner via phone and email as the anniversary date approaches. After the 3rd message is delivered, we will await customer response.
- The cost of the call to schedule maintenance program costs more than our auto schedule plans but there is no contract, you just contact us when you are ready to schedule!
- A report will be sent with the invoice for service. Any subsequent service calls will be billed at our normal site-visit rate.
- All of the services performed will be the same as listed in our Annual GSE Generator Maintenance
- No additional discounts are given for the call to schedule program
4. GSE Comprehensive Standby Generator Service Program includes:
- All services and benefits of the Auto Schedule Semi-Annual Maintenance Program
- No charge for up to two generator trouble shooting/repair service call per year during our normal business hours Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM. (Cost of parts and labor to install parts will be invoiced to the generator owner if the unit is out of its warranty period)
- A portable 2000 watt portable generator will be delivered in emergency situations if a covered unit is not functioning between the hours of 7 AM until 7 PM Monday thru Friday.
- The portable unit will be filled with enough fuel to run 6 hours, and an additional gallon of gasoline will be delivered.
- Emergency loads (sump pump, medical equipment) will be connected to the portable unit. An additional 4 receptacle outlet box will be run to the kitchen area where a refrigerator or lighting may be plugged-in for the duration of the power outage. (These units are not intended to run 240 volt or other heavy loads.)
- The portable generator will be picked up when utility power has been restored.
For GSE Maintenance Program Prices Contact us at (610) 644-8501